Thursday, March 14, 2019

Sitecore Hackathon 2019 Experience


Its been two weeks since the Sitecore Hackathon, the competition that I wait for to come every year. I would like to write a bit about my experience participating in it.

This is the third year I participate in it with my favorite team (Vision Team) Hanin Daoud and Duaa Abu Gharbieh from Jordan. This time, I participated with them from the USA, and despite the time difference, we were able to make this happen!

Prior to the beginning of the hackathon, my friends and I had a long call discussing some potential ideas that we might be able to use if any of the categories that were going to be presented suit with one of them.

During my work with Sitecore CMS, one of the ideas that I have always wanted to implement is adding a feature to enable the user to select more than one item at a time and delete them all together.

When we received the kick off email, I was so excited that one of the categories presented is suitable with this multi selection idea.

With the great help of my team, we were able to create a multi selection feature that enables the user to select more than one item at the same time, and we implemented this functionality in both publishing and deleting.

Following is a short video explaining what we did:

Unlike the last two hackathons that I participated in, this is the first time that I actually am hopeful to win 😊 as I feel that what we did is a great feature that makes content authors’ lives much easier!

Looking forward to the results of the Hackathon..

Good luck to all participants!



No comments:

Post a Comment